The Leonardtown Business Association and Leonardtown Commissioners invite you to join us for shopping, dinner, drinks and dessert on the first Friday, October 1, 2021!
Restaurants will be open for indoor and outdoor dining and also for convenient pickups / take out. Many shops, stores and galleries will also be open late for extended hours.
The Scarecrow Walk will be back, pick up a ballot at any participating local business and vote for your favorite scarecrows on display outside of stores, you could win a prize just by voting!
Drum Circle audience participation with drummers from SoMar will return from 6pm to 7pm. There will also be Drumline and Drum Off performances by local students from 7pm to 8pm after Drum Circle. These are free outdoor events, the location will be adjacent to the Arts Council at 22660 Washington St, Leonardtown, MD.
Other events in the spotlight:
- Arts-related businesses will be open including St. Mary’s County Arts Board Gallery and Gift Shop, New view on fiber work, Crazy sheep, Leonardtown Board & Brush, Wine & Design, Craft Guild Shop, and others.
- Fenwick Inn – Live music with Coastline from 4.30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Fenwick St. Used Books & Music – open late, come shop with a wide variety of books and music!
- The Good Earth Natural Foods Co. will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. offering 10% off all smoothies!
- North End Gallery – open from 11 am to 8 pm with their new art exhibition “From farm to table” with a special reception from 5 pm to 8 pm!
- Old prison museum – will host free tours from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., the Leonardtown Visitors Center is also located at the museum.
- Leonardtown Harbor Vineyard – live music with Unfinished Business from 5.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.
- Shepherd’s Old Field Market will offer a variety of shopping opportunities in over 70 different stores and services, their new ice cream shop The Salted Scoop will also be open!
- St. Mary’s County Arts Council will host the opening reception for a new art exhibition featuring the Color & Light Society, details here.
- The yellow line – First artistic projects of Friday!
- Free tram rides from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Information to be posted on the Town of Leonardtown Facebook page.
- Local first responders will be in The Square from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. – meet our local EMS members and learn more about fire and home safety!
Make it a night at The Inn at Leonardtown, recently renovated and located downtown!
Check out “Leonardtown’s First Fridays” Facebook page for more details on specific events downtown and beyond, we look forward to seeing you on October 1st!
Contact details: email Jen Stotler at [email protected] or call (301) 247-7611. #LeonardtownFF
A note of appreciation to City of Leonardtown, Leonardtown Commissioners, LBA Member Companies, SoMar Drummers, First Friday Volunteers and Platinum Sponsors (County Times, Leonardtown Chevrolet Buick GMC, Marrick Houses, Quality houses, and Visit Sainte-Marie) who all helped make this another wonderful community event!